ControlDIGI has a research and development area focused on the aquaculture sector, promoting continuous improvement of our products and services in this field.
Our close partnership with CIIMAR (Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research) based in the city of Porto, Portugal, ensures the use of advanced scientific knowledge, validated by one of Europe’s leading research centers in Aquaculture.
Today, we have implemented an Artificial Intelligence model capable of quantifying fish in feeding areas and controlling the supply of feed only when the minimum quantity of fish is reached. In addition to this control, it is possible to customize the most suitable feeding plan for growth in different stages of breeding, continuously considering the abiotic conditions of the water.
Key Benefits of the Solution:
- Cost Reduction through Enhanced Management and Feed Economy: By establishing management metrics and intelligently controlling precise and personalized feeding, fish farmers can significantly reduce costs throughout the process. Initial results suggest a minimum benefit of 7%. Improved management and reduced feed waste result in resource savings and reduced operational expenses.
- Improved Growth Efficiency: By adjusting the amount of feed based on individual fish needs, artificial intelligence-based feed control systems help optimize fish growth and development. Each fish receives the right amount of nutrients, which can result in faster and healthier growth.
- Real-Time Monitoring: The system allows continuous monitoring of critical variables in fish farming, such as water temperature, water quality, oxygen levels, pH, etc., providing fish farmers with real-time information on cultivation environment conditions, enabling early detection of problems and immediate corrective action.
- Reduced Fish Stress: Thanks to the automated and intelligent feeding system, fish are consistently and regularly fed. This reduces stress related to food scarcity or competition for food, creating a healthier and more balanced farming environment.
- Data Analysis and Continuous Learning: Artificial intelligence-based feed control systems collect data on feed consumption, fish growth, and other relevant parameters. This data can be analyzed and used to further optimize fish feeding and management. Additionally, artificial intelligence systems have the ability to learn and adapt over time, improving their accuracy and efficiency.
- Reduced Environmental Impact: With more controlled feeding and monitoring of critical variables, the artificial intelligence-based system reduces feed waste, prevents water contamination, and significantly reduces the environmental impact of fish farming.
- Increased Transparency: Continuous real-time supervision enhances transparency throughout the process, increasing company transparency and establishing greater trust with the customer, which is essential for loyalty.